RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running A3 TDI and being seduced by 50mpg!
Saw Tim(Scotland)'s note on anothe post... recently rented an A3 TDi(e) from Europcar in Tasmania for 6 days... was amazed at its traction and "urge" on muddy forrestry tracks :shock: :naughty: :clap: and its poise on choppy bitumen. Did a shade over 800 km using 52L ... amazing

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Hoges said:
Currently running A3 TDI and being seduced by 50mpg!
Saw Tim(Scotland)'s note on anothe post... recently rented an A3 TDi(e) from Europcar in Tasmania for 6 days... was amazed at its traction and "urge" on muddy forrestry tracks :shock: :naughty: :clap: and its poise on choppy bitumen. Did a shade over 800 km using 52L ... amazing
Well done, thats nearly 43mpg in old money. Not bad considering you were off-roading.
My A3 is a 1998 with the 110bhp engine, five speed manual and 115k on the clock. Its been well looked after so goes like stink.
I have to confess that I've never managed 50mpg. My best was 49.1mpg on a round trip from Aberdeen to Edinburgh done in a hour and five minutes less time(each way) than google maps predicted and with a desk and two chest of drawers on for the return leg.
I know that if I could slow down 50mpg would be achievable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
im not surprised actually. my wife averages 31mpg on hwy (26 city) in her IS250 (3600lb curb-weight) with a V6, AWD, and automatic... so, it depends on the car of course, but also a whole lot on the driver and the right foot 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts