RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago my job had me driving through Oklahoma City and I had the pleasure of picking up a wiper switch and some trim pieces for my '87 Classic (I hate paying for freight!). I had called ahead of time and they said they showed just one and would need to find it. The 2 story building was nothing special but what struck me first was that the lot surrounding it was devoid of any Rovers. I should tell you that in a previous life I sold parts at a heavy duty/commercial truck dealer that also sold used parts. When I went inside the reason for the bare lot was obvious - all vehicles were indoors! The first floor looked like storage for vehicles and large parts, shipping and the order desks. We went upstairs to look for the trim pieces and a headlight switch and from what I saw this is where the smaller parts were kept , mostly on shelves in bin boxes by category. As a former parts guy I was very impressed with how neat and clean the whole place was especially considering it is an indoor salvage yard! Who knows where the vehicles came from or how long they have been sitting outside before they arrived but it is nice that the parts are safe from the weather and rodents after they get here. It may not make a difference to some, but I've seen what weather can do to vehicles left out. These were just my observations, but I will probably be looking there first from now on. By the way, they were nice guys too.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
No wonder they can afford to have everything inside....
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=34409
When you take forever to pay for vehicles, I dare say it helps your cashflow quite a bit huh?

Martin

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hmm, Nice guys, great place, don't pay. Two out of three aint bad :naughty:

Mac

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I normally don't read the general chatter very often, just the classic forum. After I posted about my visit I scrolled down and found the thread about not paying for vehicles and charging for parts not shipped and I'm glad I didn't see it before. I didn't see any evidence of vehicles being disassembled just parts and storage. I had emailed them several weeks before and gotten a quote back for some of what I needed. I called them when I was just outside OKC and they gave me directions( a couple of blocks off I-40) with no problem. I paid $70 cash for a headlight switch, some trim pieces, and a hard to find wiper switch, got a receipt, and was happy. Even happier now that I read the other thread and news reports that I usually only do business face to face in cash! Since I drive all over the country and Rovie is not my only vehicle I can usually wait to get parts if I cannot find them locally. Like I said in the previous post these were just my observations and experience about the closest parts source listed on RangeRovers.net

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
now that you know how they have ripped of a fellow RR member, would you do business with them again?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably not since my brother could just as easily been a victim too. My brother owned the '87 Classic for over a decade and a half before he decided to get rid of it and he almost sold it to them before he remembered I wanted it. Funny thing is he told me the replacement engine and steering gear box came from Car Cannibal a few years back.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Scotty can get 99% of parts for Rovers.
He is in California, so they should be totally rust free.
His name on here is "Scotty", so should you need any other parts, shoot him a PM. :thumb:

Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
I can get parts for the Classic, the Disco and the L322 ...
Thank's Martin...

Scotty

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
shupack said:
Scotty said:
I can get parts for the Classic, the Disco and the L322 ...
Thank's Martin...

Scotty
No p38 stuff??
I think Scotty was referring to the OP's Classic.
I know he can get plenty of P38 parts, having got them from him myself! :thumb:

Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
I have a ton of P38 stuff! 8)

Scotty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts