RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE that i purchased new. Suddenly i just got a weird problem: the narrow lit area below the speedo and tach that normally shows the time, date, etc ONLY shows : "A/V OFF"
The radio button flashed on and off and the sound keeps cutting in and out. I called the dealer and spoke to the service advisor. He has never ever heard of this before.
Has anyone out there in the big beautiful wide Range Rover World ever experienced this? Any suggestions at all would really be appreciated.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,014 Posts
You have the MOST system with touchscreen on your 05, right? Sounds like the infotainment system might be stuck in some sort of reboot loop it can't get out of. If the problem doesn't go away on its own after an ignition recycle this may require a dealer visit to re-flash the entertainment system software, but you can also try a battery disconnect for a few minutes (the equivalent of a "hard" computer reboot) and see if that resets the system. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this same exact problem that you are having for months on my 05. Last week my cousin came to visit and we were going for a ride and almost immediately upon starting the vehicle he said your battery is low on CCA (cold cranking amps) and that is why your electronics are messing up. We immediately went to Firestone and they said my battery is the original battery that came in the car and tested it. It had 280cca. The minimum requirement for the RR is 850cca. As soon as they swapped in a new battery that issue went away and the car starts much much better. Its been 1 week now and the radio error has not resurrected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since I don't see a fix yet, I'll post this..

Service recall states that there is a water leak in the rear left panel where all the components are mounted...
The navigation unit is a common problem, but after googling, I found that the bluetooth unit gets wet and goes bad causing the radio to constantly try to connect. The radio will turn off and on and the light will flash in front of the radio. If you have any problems with the entertainment system, check for water leaks coming from the malfunctioning water spredder above the units and make sure you seal or replace the water shredder.
To fix the malfunction, the water damaged unit must be disconnected or replaced. To disconnect, you just have to remove the fiber optic line, which is basically the same as a usb connection to a hub. Remove the battery first, disconnect the fiber optic data line from the damaged unit, and it will be isolated from the system. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the exact same problem on '05 HSE....audio cuts in and out, radio selector works fine, nav works fine with voice cutting in and out. Checked driver rear pillar, all dry, connections look good; replaced battery, pulled fuse 49. Still have problem. Any thoughts ?? Thanks !

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
41 Posts
I had this issue too - bypassing the blue tooth module by re-routing the MOST FO cable solved too

Stephen 2005 HSE (usa spec)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mayorofab - thanks brother!!! This fixed my annoying problem. I had to insert the fiber optic cable into the module 15 times before it worked; awesome!!!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Classic
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm having the same radio in and out problem with my 2012 RR supercharged. It seems from reading this thread that it's the Bluetooth Modular. Where is the best place to pick one up and can a non mechanic like myself replace it easy enough. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
23 Posts
I have a 2012 and first the FM stopped working, I tried disconnecting units in the rear left to see if this reset the radio, but now nothing works. The Land Rover motif Comes on the screen and the on/ off flashes, but that's it.
Any thoughts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts