RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Land Rover Range Rover HSE. The narrow lit area below the speedo and tach that normally shows the time, date, etc ONLY shows : "A/V OFF"
The radio button flashed on and off and the sound keeps cutting in and out.
Has anyone out there knows how to fix this problem? I already disconect everything to see if it gets reset but nothing, the same results.
Thank you.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
87 Posts
Hi,
Have a look at my other post on this problem.
I will give you some answers when I return from my meeting. Will post tonight.

Mr R

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ok I am back now so here is what I have found with this same problem.
My vehicle would allow the AV to work but would then cut out and then come back on, followed by cutting out, back on and so on. The icons for radio, tv, cd, etc would fade away as to indicate you could not use them. I referred to this as 'Ghosting out'.
My vehicle started to become a right pain as it was so intermittent that it became confusing to as what was causing it to happen. I took it to the Land Rover dealer and after many hours it was discovered to be a faulty Rear Entertainment module. It fixed the problem but after around a year I had a similar problem but it was less obvious. This time the AV would be off for around 3 minutes after starting and then it would work perfect for the rest of the day. I could only think that the battery was just under the required voltage to make the AV work fully and once the vehicle was running the voltage rose to the required amount to allow it to work.
I changed the battery and it cured the problem although it sometimes returns if the voltage is low but once the vehicle is running and the battery has full charge it becomes fine again.

I hope this helps you,

Mr R

·
Registered
87 Posts
No not the DVD unit but the silver coloured unit which connects the rear AV system together. It acts like a central hub for all the rear AV.

Mr R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts