RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2017 a little over two years ago. Standard HSE with supercharged V6. Custom order.

Now that I've sold it..I should make some notes about ownership until 90,000 miles.

One, I do wish I had gotten the Supercharged V8. The sound and power make it worth it, as well as ACE (active cornering) makes a world of difference in the Supercharged trim.

Two, it was dead reliable. Admittedly it was all highway miles, but it didn't go through brakes too often...maybe a set of pads every 20,000 miles and rotors every other pad replacement..Software always worked, I think I got two software updates and never really had issues with glitches or the like. I love the 2017 infotainment screen and cluster graphics over my 2014 RRS. And I never had any engine or transmission issues. I DID however go through two water pumps, both through warranty.

It was so much of an improvement from my gas-guzzling 2011 Supercharged that ate through an engine in its lifetime, 22-26MPG on the tri-state at 90MPH. Easy going I could get 35-36 on the instant readout.

One thing that did surprise me... NO chain/tensioner rattle from the engine. It ran very quiet, I put that up to oil changes every 5,000 miles with synthetic oil. I learned my lesson with 15,000 miles oil changes and a $30,000 engine in my 2011.

That's it.

Really anti-climactic.

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,157 Posts
Good post and points that you've made. Did you sell it only or did you trade it in for something else? Still have the Sport?

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still have the Sport. Sold it.

I can't afford a new Autobiography in the way I want it, and I don't want to buy a regular Supercharged.

I'm waiting until I find a good deal.

I am now looking at Bentaygas......
$135,000 for a 2017. I'm going to call, offer 105k, call with a different number offer 107k, and so on for the time until they sell it to me at a discounted price, or sell it to someone else.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,157 Posts
Sounds like a plan, let us know if you end up getting the Bentley. I still haven't seen one of those in person.

I'm going to try to test drive the new inline 6 when the 2020's hit the lots to get an idea of how it drives. Waiting for the next generation.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've also yet to drive the i6. There is still nothing like the sound of the supercharged 5.0, especially with a muffler delete.

I actually have a 2007 Flying Spur that I've been enjoying. Up to 67,000 miles- all trouble free. I've owned it for around 10,000 of those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts