RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple tiems a year I remove my roof rack and basket to give my roof a couple coats of wax. I blow the pine needles and dust out of the roof rails/gutter while I am at it. This time I decided to pour some soapy watter in each of the access holes and let it sit. With a strong stream of water I was quite surprised at the gunk and crud that came out. I am sure most was pollen and trail dust, but I still removed a few chunks of unknown bits. It took three rounds of this proceedure to get clear water. If you have never cleaned out your roof gutters it might be a good idea to help prevent corrosion.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
? HUH? Dear aint nuttin to lube on dem dar rail thingies.

Unless you lube your screws.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps we are talking about two different things. There is no mechanism or moving parts in your rail gutters. There is a ridge that your sport bars or roof rack bolt to, but no moving parts. The roof rack utilizes little brackets/tabs and compression to hold them in place. For the roof rack there are two of these brackets/tabs behind each of the 6 finishing plates. These are held in with just allen bolts. Perhaps you have an after market system with a different mounting system?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Oops, talking about a completely different thing........I was thinking sunroof rails.....not roof rails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts