RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you need a windshield replacement it seems there are no A pillar trims available from anywhere - only recycled ones. I'm surprised that no-one has offered reman versions.

·
Super Moderator
2,429 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No-one "told me" - I did some research, here in the USA. Safelite can't get them, neither can several other reputable sources in the USA. Of course, the VIN number limit may also have something to do with it. Not all trims fit all P38s, but that's probably an inconsequence. Plus, the real kicker is that, unlike some climates, the hot weather here in the USA turns most plastic to crap and these trims break very easily. Poor Brits who rarely ever see the sun for more than a few day, hardly experience this. You may be in a different market, of course...

·
Super Moderator
2,429 Posts
No-one "told me" - I did some research, here in the USA.
That's where you are going wrong, my neighbour can't get bits for his El Camino pickup in the UK but doesn't expect to be able to, he has to get them sent over from the US. It's a British car and it's pretty unlikely that a US supplier will stock anything that there will be little or no demand for. As said, they don't need to be replaced when the screen is changed, you take them off and put them back when the new screen is in.

The outer trims are metal, not plastic while the inner ones are plastic and although there is no need to take them off when the screen is changed, if you do they are available new from JLR, EMB101250LUM - Land Rover Finisher-A post upper and EMB101240LUM - Land Rover Finisher-A post upper

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
219 Posts
Speaking of trims, I have had the A pillar trims off and on a couple of times along with the bottom windscreen finisher in order to replace the plenum foam. No issues and easy. However, what about the top finisher? is it as easy to get off as the bottom one or is it more susceptible to damage? I'll need a new screen in the near future so just wondering and looking for some advice from anyone who has had removed/replaced it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts