RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving down the interstate and I heard a part fly off the back of my car. I drove back around and picked up the broken pieces. See pictures below. Is this something I can order and fix, or does it need to go to a bodyshop? The car is an unusual dark purple color, so it would have to be color matched. Also, I can't tell what kind of electronics the wiring was attached to.

rrpart.jpg
part2.jpg part number.jpg

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,710 Posts
If it has to be colour matched then it would be best to let a body shop handle it. Yes you can order the assembly from LR. See existing threads on this topic for details.

·
Registered
12 Posts
did the top cover on the rear spoiler fall off?

from my understanding the whole rear spoiler is one part and would need to be bought as a unit.

if it's just the cover you could possible have it custom made, then again i am not sure if that would be cheaper than actually buying the whole unit

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Yes, it looks like the top cover. I ended up just filing a claim with my insurance company.

Wife says that the front windshield wipers are no longer working. Is it possible that the spoiler and windshield wipers were somehow connected? Or is it likely to be separate issues.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,710 Posts
I would imagine that is a separate issue. There would have been no damage to the rear wiper from loosing the spoiler.

Have you had any freezing weather that the wipers may have been stuck to the glass? May be as simple as a blown fuse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
haha just noticed you were from memphis. LR memphis might have the highest prices in the country lol

it was frozen here last week...that might be the issue, try lifting the wipers off the glass to make sure they aren't stuck...although it was 70 here a few days ago. my window didn't come down when i went through the drive through last week and had to open the door to place and order...oddly it started to work again when i had to pick up my order

i had a wrap on mines and the guy didn't put on my spoiler correct, it leans a bit down. the LR dealership was trying to scare me "if you drive down the interstate this will fly off, it's super dangerous, it's sold as a unit...the entire wing needs to be replaced" i just told her if it flys off it's not going to hit me, so it's fine :lol:

held up fine for 3 plus years now:thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Driving down the interstate and I heard a part fly off the back of my car. I drove back around and picked up the broken pieces. See pictures below. Is this something I can order and fix, or does it need to go to a bodyshop? The car is an unusual dark purple color, so it would have to be color matched. Also, I can't tell what kind of elec

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exact same thing just happened in my 2011 Range Rover Sport. Driving down interstate and apparently top spoiler deck lid with the attached backup camera went flying straight up in the air. Only knew I had lost it by a car pulling along side waving me down as the piece had struck their car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts