RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been getting very cold at night where I am at. Unfortunately the rover is parked outside. It seems that every time I start it up, it makes this weird metallic whining sound for about 1 second and then it goes away. I have no idea what it is, and since it doesn't sound good I figured I would ask about it. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
secondary air injection pump maybe, they can accumulate water and get frozen inside which cause the initial noise at start up

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
secondary air injection pump maybe, they can accumulate water and get frozen inside which cause the initial noise at start up
I don't know if mine has secondary air.

It sounds like the ABS accumalator.
That could be it, it sounds like its coming from the actual engine. It did not make the noise for me today, go figure :roll: . I will try to track it down more thoroughly, I'll start with the abs pump though. The pump has been making some interesting sounds lately :shock: . I hope it lasts a bit longer, I really don't want to rebuild/replace it :pray: .

·
Registered
401 Posts
pretty sure my abs acc. is on the way out and it just vibrates a lot when it turns on. Sound familiar?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts