RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, I am picking up my 2012 RRS SC tomorrow pretty exciting about it :) and want to say hi to everyone here, I from Ottawa Canada!

I have 2 newbie question to ask

is it bad to drive in access mode(low) lock?

does this fit under the 6ft underground parking?

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
You can not "lock" any Range Rover in access mode. For safety reasons EAS systems will automatically raise to normal height once moving. However you can activate crawl mode for parking garages and low hanging trees by pressing the inhibit switch. However, this will only work at extremely slow speeds. Owners manuals can be read on the Land Rover USA site, in the owners section, until you receive you rig and owners manual.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
The computer won't let you go very far or fast in access mode: it will automatically return to normal height. I don't think you will fit cleanly in a 6foot underground, even dropping into access mode. It will be very close. The dealer has software that can lower the access mode slightly more, but still very close.

I remember a hotel in Ottawa that was so low in the parking garage I had to duck my head to walk out at 6'3"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
then I would have to say bye to underground parking in Ottawa? :'(
and thank you for your fast reply :)

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
then I would have to say bye to underground parking in Ottawa?
Why? Standard height of the Rover at 70" is still less than 72". Using crawl mode give you even more clearance. As mentioned above, EAS operation is outlined in the owners manual available on the Land Rover website.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
799 Posts
I had the same question when I first got mine. I checked the manual and the normal ride height of the rovers (2010 +) is roughly 1 to 2 inches under 6 feet so when going into any parking garage check the max height and if it is 6 feet or more you are good. Once I learned this I rarely have to put it in access mode when parking underground. Also, if you do put it in access mode to park underground you will need to stay under 20kph to keep the car from raising itself to normal height.

All that said, just for some price of mind, if I were you I'd remove everything from the truck, let it go down to 1/4 tank and measure the height in normal mode on a LEVEL surface. That way you'll be 100% sure.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
All that said, just for some price of mind, if I were you I'd remove everything from the truck, let it go down to 1/4 tank and measure the height in normal mode on a LEVEL surface. That way you'll be 100% sure.
This is pointless. Ride height is ride height with a rovers EAS. You can load a ton of cinder blocks in the back and it's going to sit at the same height it would sit at if you removed all the interior pieces and ran it out of gas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts