RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 Range and my A/C works fine but when I turn my heat on, it's cool and luke warm air, even when I have heat knob turned all the way upto high. I have had my thermostat replaced earlier this year, is there any fluids that I may need to check or is there anything else I might be missing, please help thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the same problem, my independent dealer looked at it but couldnt figure it out.. it has something to do with the vent flaps opening and closing to the ducts. I can get heat when I use the foot vents and the defrost vents both outside buttons but no heat from the middle vents ( middle button) .. try that button setup im sure youll get heat

·
Registered
45 Posts
This may be the obvious, but make sure that the dial is turned to the red dots below the vents and not the blue dots. I had this happen a few years back. Even if the heat is on to the highest degree it will not blow heat if the blue dots are showing as opposed to the red ones.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
wisconsinrover said:
This may be the obvious, but make sure that the dial is turned to the red dots below the vents and not the blue dots. I had this happen a few years back. Even if the heat is on to the highest degree it will not blow heat if the blue dots are showing as opposed to the red ones.
I was going to say this but thought it too obvious. Full heat on will still blow cool through centre vents if on blue dots.

Good call wisconsinrover.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
Does enabling/disabling the aircon (the snowflake symbol button) have any influence on the temperature?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: I decided to press the air circulation button that would allow you to use the air in the car instead of using air outside. The heat takes a moment (10min-15min) but after that it works fine but if I disbale the air circulation button it blows cools/warm.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1,108 Posts
I have this problem as well and was wondering if we can hear from someone who knows for sure that their HEVAC is working properly. I wonder what the normal operation is because why on earth do we have the temperature dial for two zones if the little blue/red wheel can swing the temperature from hot to cold? My temperature dial has almost no control over the temperature in the cabin and I have to use a combination of the blue/red wheel and turnning on or off the AC button. Which means that I myself am manually controling the temperature for the entire time. This behavior is about as sophisticated as most bottom of the line rental cars.

Something must be wrong if the system can not operated independently.

In the past I have had stored fault codes that point to the aspirator motor, which I believe is the master blending flap for cold and hot air. I have not been able to find anything under that name in the RAVE manual. I wonder if the parts manual has a record.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Malafax_dand said:
I have this problem as well and was wondering if we can hear from someone who knows for sure that their HEVAC is working properly. I wonder what the normal operation is because why on earth do we have the temperature dial for two zones if the little blue/red wheel can swing the temperature from hot to cold? My temperature dial has almost no control over the temperature in the cabin and I have to use a combination of the blue/red wheel and turnning on or off the AC button. Which means that I myself am manually controling the temperature for the entire time. This behavior is about as sophisticated as most bottom of the line rental cars.

In the past I have had stored fault codes that point to the aspirator motor, which I believe is the master blending flap for cold and hot air. I have not been able to find anything under that name in the RAVE manual. I wonder if the parts manual has a record.
The HEVAC is massively complicated, it behaves differently in different situations. Throw the stupid thumb wheel into the equation and it's almost impossible to set an ideal temperature. ( I stick the thumb wheel to max cold in summer, max hot in winter and in the middle spring/autumn)

Your best bet is to plug it into Testbook or similar and perform the diagnostics function that extends all flaps in the extremes of their directions. This should give you a starting point.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Dan_UK_1984 said:
[quote="Malafax_dand":160gqedh]I have this problem as well and was wondering if we can hear from someone who knows for sure that their HEVAC is working properly. I wonder what the normal operation is because why on earth do we have the temperature dial for two zones if the little blue/red wheel can swing the temperature from hot to cold? My temperature dial has almost no control over the temperature in the cabin and I have to use a combination of the blue/red wheel and turnning on or off the AC button. Which means that I myself am manually controling the temperature for the entire time. This behavior is about as sophisticated as most bottom of the line rental cars.

The HEVAC is massively complicated, it behaves differently in different situations. Throw the stupid thumb wheel into the equation and it's almost impossible to set an ideal temperature. ( I stick the thumb wheel to max cold in summer, max hot in winter and in the middle spring/autumn)

Your best bet is to plug it into Testbook or similar and perform the diagnostics function that extends all flaps in the extremes of their directions. This should give you a starting point.[/quote:160gqedh]

In a BMW, VW or Audi you set the dial on your side to 20c and thats what you get regardless of external weather. In the Range Rover you set the dial to 20c, the wife says "why is the A/C light on", You say "its conditioning the air not cooling it", you change the thumb wheel from blue to red to try and get some heat, your blasted by hot air and start to sweat so thumb the wheel back to blue and you lose the heat, you turn the dial to 23c to compensate and the cycle starts over again :lol:

On the 2007 version I have the tech spec says "improved HVAC system" but it behaves in exactly the same way as the 2006 model. Quite frankly not good enough but its still in the 2010.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts