RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my nearly non-running RRC the PO showed me that the AC worked but he had to fiddle with the button to get the light to come on. I didn’t actually have time to verify if the air did in fact get colder.

Fast forward to now, post engine repair and I have no AC. I wasn’t surprised, but now I’m trying to figure out the cause. Here’s what I know:

1. Light on the AC button doesn’t come on and for that matter, none of the buttons on that cluster seem to work. And yes I checked the connections.

2. The main AC fuse is good

3. There is coolant in the system judging by the little view window. No idea what I’m looking for there, I just see that it’s not empty.

4. Compressor does not kick on

Is there a way to manually kick on the compressor? Not sure where to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
follow the diagram on rave. check your head pressures, the back of the connector fails and thus the switch tends to follow, there are a few relays in the system. rave is your friend.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this the RAVE? I downloaded it from this site, but in a lot of these discussions I can’t seem to find the info referenced.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should clarify that in this case I was able to find the section on air conditioning, but in regard to most electrical questions the referenced sections seem to be missing. Anyway, I want to make sure I am looking at the same source being referenced.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You can jump the compressor at the relay
It should be in the passengers foot weld
Left side that’s how I got mine to take it charge

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
What year is yours I miss d that part

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is an electrical trouble soothing manual too, let me know if you need it, I can send you the file
That would be really helpful, thanks!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
95 uses a nippondenso hevac system, this system uses a 4 prong relay near the blower motor, if it fails the hevac will not run. for the 95 it is best to reffer to the discovery 1 section, it has better coverage on the later hevac than the range rover section as d1 had been fitted with denso hevac a few yrs before the 95 classic..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts