RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, anyone try replacing the dead pixels on the A/C LCD? Changing the bulb only provides background light right...?

On my previous Audi's the central information display used to slowly die on my S4's. The connection on the LCD was a weak link.

Anyone figure out the LCD on the P38's?

I can only guess what temperature setting my heating and cooling is set at.....very frustrating.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
If I were you I would just replace it..

Scotty

·
Registered
965 Posts
I think I've helped you w/ your ABS issue before. You're in luck as I've just finished fixing my A/C LCD pixel about a week ago!

Here is the post that you've gotta look over first:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29920

Anyways, I would steer away from used unit, as used units probably have the same problem anyway. And, the fix is extremely simple and cheap.

There is a silicone piece that puts pressure to the LCD connectors for better contact. After awhile, the thickness of the silicone becomes insufficient to provide sufficient contact.

The remedy I've found is to wrap the silicone piece w/ a bit of electrical tape to provide additional pressure. This worked wonders for me, and my LCD dispaly is working perfectly now after a fix. I do caution that you will have to experiment w/ this fix couple times, and that you've gotta adjust the thickness just right to get the desired results.

Regards,

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got lucky and found a used one on eBay for 75 bucks. Works like a charm. I tried the LCD fix and ended up messing things up. If you try the fix, I'd recommend doing it at a time when a 2 year old can't yank on your arm in the middle of repairing it!

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I tried to fix my lcd also and had it to about 95% working...so I took it out to mess with it some more and made it so that about 5% was working instead. Sweet. :clap:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts