RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Sport LUX

My lovely bride decided to spray a little essential oil into the air around the a/c control panel, and as a result the soft rubber on the knobs is beginning to break down and get very gummy. :censored:

Has anyone replaced just the knobs or will I be looking at buying a salvaged control unit to steal some good knobs from? I probably wouldn't bother with it, but the rest of the interior is pretty much as-new.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
I know the '06-'09 knobs just pull off. Not sure about the '10 and up... google may help.

·
Registered
103 Posts
There are two easy options for this, one is purchasing caps that go over the rubber but they are a little bulky and change the look of the dash and second one is adhesive remover and little patience, i has the same issue and my fingers would get stuck to the knobs, after I cleaned that residue it was still rubber underneath in matte finish and looks almost as good as new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

Quick update: I called Land Rover parts counter and they are not available individually, which seems kinda stupid because removal is about as easy as it gets. They simply gently pop off with a flat blade screwdriver. I tried a combination of Goof-off, isopropyl alcohol and mineral spirits. Can't say which one did best, but with a little patience (thanks mik3ypl), they take on a nice satin, factory looking sheen.

Good as new.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Great! I can try it on my now! Kidding but yeah it’s a nice little trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts