RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have a problem with my A/C unit. I had the full dashboard & the interior removed for a full body paint (Painted it Sentorino Black) and had the evaporator core removed to check it for defect (luckily no issues ;) ).

But after reassembly the A/C clutch engaged just once and afterwards it would not engage. I had the A/C Dryer replaced and re-gassed, leak tested and everything. After checking everything and with no luck i drove down 4+ hours to the only LR agent in my country. They plugged the T4 and there were like 7 (i think all) the fault codes registered on the system. They cleared it and presto the clutch engaged again & started to cool. But after 3 times of engaging/disengaging it would not engage again.

So after checking the system said the tri-pressure switch was faulty. I replace both switches BTR-9222/BTR-9223 and it didn't help either. So i returned the vehicle to check for any wiring defects with the wiring diagrams and they found no issues there as well.

The main issue the A/C technician & the electrical guy (in two different places) found was that an earth is not coming to the tri-pressure switch. What could be issue?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pull the red and black wires that come out near the clutch end. Connect them to a battery (there will be a minor spark). If you clutch engages under power and disengages when you take power away then the problem is the pressure switch/ wiring or earth connection. If your clutch doesn't engage then the gap might be too large or the compressor might have had it. You can remove the shim, if no shim is there you could file the end (round bit that goes onto spline) to get the clutch a little closer to the motor if the gap is to large.
Cheers,
Remy

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
10 Posts
There was also a technical bulletin for a relay kit installation , to help the clutch engagement on the A/C compressor. I will try and get the bulletin with the part numbers.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
There was also a technical bulletin for a relay kit installation , to help the clutch engagement on the A/C compressor. I will try and get the bulletin with the part numbers.
The TSB info for the early A/C relay retrofit has been posted previously and is also included in most verions of RAVE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts