RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guru's help needed. My 1997 p38 has a hevac problem a/c sometimes if you are lucky , and when it cycles out it does not come back on , nor is it as cold as it was before this started. My nano evo says code 39 just like daanzaan's Hawkeye . New parts are compressor ,dryer, trinary switch , fuse board , and 134, I tried to recalibrate as it was way out of range then tried to clear fault code and now I have code 9 and nano says it can't communicate with the ecu . And the the 18 pin plug is clean and like new .
Can I say I never had any codes come up in my 1979 2dr with a 4bd1 not in 25 years or 800,000 k's. If I could only find the keys .
A big thanks in advance

·
Registered
565 Posts
No idea what "Code 9" refers to, and cannot find it in the Nanocom docs. Best way with HEVAC is to check all the values in the "Inputs" screens. Faulty inputs should be obvious.

·
Super Moderator
2,310 Posts
AC compressor clutch engaging only sometimes (usually when it is cooler) and once dropping out doesn't re-engage is usually caused by a too large air gap on the compressor clutch. The only recalibration you can do is the blend motors and that won't affect the compressor clutch at all. The HEVAC can sometimes be funny when trying to connect, if you try to connect then immediately go to read faults and it comes up with can't communicate, come right out of it, select HEVAC again and this time go to Inputs or Outputs and it usually connects. Then it will let you go into Faults.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,422 Posts
What's a "134"
Sound's like it could be simply low on freon.
As you have neglected to tell us where you are, we have no idea of the ambient temp you are testing in.....Oz??? Norway???
We can only infer that you are somewhere "Metric"

What was the original problem?
As for the code numbers you are giving us? Makes no sense, and I have both Nano and FMIII...
Further, you say new fuse board.......Is it the correct one for your year?
One major difference in fuse boards is the way the AC is powered, specifically the clutch.
As for the 79 2dr....I agree, A simple, honest beastie!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts