RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rrtoadhall said:
Have you checked the owners manual?
Fuse #29 is the Key Inhibit Solenoid(anyone know what this is?)

#29 is 10 amp, its blown, I plug in a 20 amp with truck off and it blows immediatly?

44 is Air suspension - GOOD

Maxi Fuse 2 is also Air Suspension - GOOD

I'll go check all three of those and let you know what I find.

HELP!

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

Fuse 29 is according to page 361 of the ETC the feed to the delay timer of the EAS.

Regards

Jos

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jos Geuze said:
Hi

Fuse 29 is according to page 361 of the ETC the feed to the delay timer of the EAS.

Regards

Jos
Thanks, downloaded RAVE, will print page 361 Monday.

Pulled out delay relay today underseat, looks in great conditions, how do I test?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

Test the wiring towards the relay socket of the timer relay to check if you do not have a short.

If ok. Disconnect output wires by removing the EAS ECU. Disconnect connectors towards valve block. Take out relay from the compressor.

Renew fuse and reconnect relay timer. If fuse blows the relay timer has internal short.
Now insert EAS ECU if fuse blows the ECU is spoiled or the output circuits towards the dash, height sensors, wires towards the connectors or becm are having a short. Disconnect all wires from the ecu and only attach the feed and earth from the connector towards the ecu. If ok look at the circuits one by one mentioned earlier.

If fuse doesn't blow when inserting the ECU and it remains ok, the short is in the valve block. Reconnect the valve block and if fuse blows check valve block solenoids one by one.

Good luck

Jos

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Storey,
Thank you for all your help with this, found problem, 3 of the wires going to EAS delay relay where shorting on seat frame, popping fuse 29, causing compressor to not run.

After fix, Buddy Box communicated, reset "Slow 35mph".

Again many thanks!

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts