Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is heating up. Here is what I have done so far. Checked thermostat - took it out - put it in the hot water it works fine, changed the spark plugs, the old ones looked normal they had normal wear, replaced the cap on the expansion tank, the oil looks fine, I use synthetic oil, there are no obvious leaks, there is no loss of coolant. I flushed the radiator.
It started with heater input hose blowing up, replaced that then the heater out hose blew up, replaced that, now the top radiator hose has blown, I used the scanner no codes came up. Last time I worked fine for half hour, it was running smooth, and then it felt like the engine was getting some load and it started to heat up.
When it was idling, every so often I would hear a sound like something is starting towards the front.
Any ideas? I am thinking about replacing the belt and viscous fan clutch next.
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The radiator was replaced about four years ago, I looked at it it looks clean, but I will probably bring it to the radiator shop or is there a way to check for the clogged or damaged radiator?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did run it with cap off, high idle at about 2000rpm for about ten minutes, occasionally squeezing the top hose and then I topped it off. What would be the best way to burp it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link and your answers
You think I should get the radiator checked first and then do the other things if it does not fix the problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts