RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right rear speaker is blown. I bought what BB said was the proper replacement, but it's an inch shy and I can't get H/K out of it's cradle. What speakers can I replace it with, and what's the trick to the cradle? Thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts
bjames66 said:
My right rear speaker is blown. I bought what BB said was the proper replacement, but it's an inch shy and I can't get H/K out of it's cradle. What speakers can I replace it with, and what's the trick to the cradle? Thanks
Maybe i'm not awake yet,
BB?
Cradle?

As you are replacing just one remove the old one and buy the same part again (part number on the back)?

Include where your from and vehicle year / type within your signature so that people can help with advice.

·
Registered
468 Posts
bjames66 said:
BB = Best Buy.
Cradle = the plastic mounting piece.

The factory speaker is held in place with 4 little tabs, not screws. There is no direct replacement. A 6.5" speaker will probably fit tho, you'd just need to drill into the plastic to make some screw holes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Have you tried contacting John Monoghan he is an expert onn the stereo systems and mave one lying around.he is at Roverville radio repair you can get a link on this web page. If you go tell him Warren sent you good luck

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,402 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
Contact Scotty. He has listings in the wanted section and a new website as well. Surely he can give you a hand.
Assuming bjames66 is in the USA. His profile doesn't say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts