RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I need help figuring out why my AC Blower and AC compress won't come on. I have 1998 Range Rover 4.0. AC stopped working. Right side blower works but not the left side and AC compressor won't come on either. I bypassed the trinary switch to no avail. Thank you in advance. Daniel

·
Super Moderator
2,319 Posts
I assume the book symbol is also showing on the HEVAC? Can you read the faults? If you can what are they? It may be that the HEVAC as detected a fault (as well as the blower not working) so isn't trying to engage the compressor.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Richard, The book symbol is there. Unfortunately, I am unable to read the code and I am nowhere near a Rover dealership. Actually, the book symbol was there before everything stopped working. Regards

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
laundry list of possible reasons is a tedious as a honey do list, power failure at the fuse box, defective relay, internal failure if the hevac head unit, low or no Freon, broken or damaged wiring, failed compressor. as suggested above, read codes first and follow the trouble shoot tree from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts