RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AC blows cold, motors sound good and strong but airflow seems restricted and the RH center facia vent is not blowing, also noticed the ambient Temp. sensor reading is always showing about 15-20 degrees below normal . Have book sign on LCD. This happened suddenly . :?: HELP! After combing thru the repair manual, cleaning the pollon filters I am out of answers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also forgot to add that it seems like the speed of the vehicle matters. At a complete stop there is no ventilation and as speed picks up so does ventilation but its still restricted.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The HVAC system is self diagnosing, and as you have the 'cheque' book symbol it has detected a fault.
To be able to know what the fault is, you have to have the codes read.
As a start though you could make sure the relays in the fusebox are ok, but the faults will still have to be cleared.
The best thing to do is have all the faults cleared, then use the car again and re-read any new faults that may
have come up.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

The sympthom you describe could be caused by one of the blowers not working. This means only one blower is working and the air is pumped into the common manifold and is exiting mainly through the suction inlet of the not working fan. So most of the air is escaping through the pollen filter of the fan that is not working and a little air is entering the car through the vents. When driving the resistance of the outlet is more due to the extra pressure generated by the speed of the car and more air is directed to the cabin.

Remove the pollen filters and look into the inlets. one fan will be sucking air into the car while the other inlet has air exiting. A easier way to check is to put the ac in recirculation mode and feel in which footwell air is blowing out. This is the side of the not working fan.

Check fan relay and fan motor for faults.

Good luck

Jos

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Broke down and took it to the Rover dealership. two relays were bad and melted the fuse box a little. The dealer said the fuse box should be replaced but they had the fuses in stock so I bought them and installed my self. Everything works good now but the Right hand Facia vent is still not working any ideas????

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Are you sure your vent's knob is set to "open"? if so, are you sure it is actually working?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NO AIR COMING OUT AT ALL ON THE RIGHT FACIA VENT ONLY. EVERYTHING ELSE IS GOOD.
THANKS
JOHNNY

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
johnnywadd said:
NO AIR COMING OUT AT ALL ON THE RIGHT FACIA VENT ONLY. EVERYTHING ELSE IS GOOD.
THANKS
JOHNNY
Thanks for the all caps. :roll:

Above you said it was the RH center, here you are referring to it as the right. Either way my same two questions stand. Is the dial set for open and is the dial actually operational?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the great advice! The open/close switch for that vent was broken off inside vent so I used a screw driver to open.
Thanks
again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts