RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, looking to pick up a parts truck mainly for the brush guard and wheels; however the ad states the exhaust is new as well. I'm still pretty new to these trucks and I believe the 98 4.6 is still GEMS based, correct? He unfortunately didn't post a picture of the engine bay which I can easily identify the two engines from the intake manifold; however will the exhaust bolt up to my 2001 Bosch 4.6 HSE? Thank you for the insight.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
GEMS and Bosch take different exhaust systems. The change From GEMS to Bosch happened mid year 99. GEMS has two systems 95-96 ans 97- 99. Bosch are all the same 99-02

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GEMS and Bosch take different exhaust systems. The change From GEMS to Bosch happened mid year 99. GEMS has two systems 95-96 ans 97- 99. Bosch are all the same 99-02
Dang, it is physically different routing or are the ID/OD's different? Thank you for the quick response.

·
Super Moderator
2,316 Posts
The front Y section with the cats are different but the rest of the system, although having different part numbers, are close enough that they will fit. The Double S stainless systems are the same from the cats rearwards for all years.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
The Y-section with the cats also fits all models, but the lambda sensors are different and use different bosses, so can't be easily swapped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts