RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I need to top off my coolant on my 98 4.6 HSE. The color looks to be green or blue I will have to open it up. Does anyone know the approved coolant type. I can't really rely on coolant colors....

Re: Green coolant type

Postby Ferdinand » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:16 am
I asked my local LR dealer/ garage sometime ago - and they said that 94 - 99 RR's use green / blue coolant - 2000 - 2002 use red coolant... - the good thing about the red is that it is "longlife coolant" so you don't have to change it every 2/4 years as prescribed - however I done it anyway - just to be on the safe side.....

·
Administrator
27,841 Posts
You will need to top off with what you have in there now. If you don't know what type you have it may have been long enough that you need a flush and change.

Did you read this active thread alraedy?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35675

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay you stated in a previous post that GEMS = Green and Bosch = Orange

When I have my coolant flush done can I change to the latest and greatest Dex-Cool Orange stuff used in the Bosch systems even though mine truck is GEMS?

·
Registered
226 Posts
if you had the blue or green stuff , make sure you drain ALL of that out first before switching to orange

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have heard, don't know if it is true. That the dex-cool/orange coolant, is more corrosive and can cause head gaskets to fail prematurely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts