RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My1996 wont select low range. So far i have tried a good motor and a good ecu and nothing changes. It shows on dash as being in low but I have no drive I have tried putting it in low using grips on the shaft for motor and doing that I still have no drive it just feels like I am coiling up a large spring. it sometimes wont go back into high but a few presses on the button it does. I suspect it is a problem in the transfer box but before I start swopping it have I missed anything. i have maged to get it in low once so box has drive in low so it is a selector problem

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
425 Posts
The position on the dash depends on the readout from.3 cables. You will find this in the electrical manual.

Does your motor make the movements when you press the button?

Does it work both ways?

It can be tricky to adjust the motor to the right position of the transfer box.

We did it in the following manner.. boss was under the car spinning the motor for short periods till I had the readout that corresponded to reality.. readout is done on the other side of the cable with 3 leds that I had soldered to pins.

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
99 Posts
My Rangie would go into Park & Reverse only in low. Took the shifter console apart and found it was a bent H-gate. It was probably one of my first posts (with photos). Click on my name and it should take you to a menu to look at my posts.
Vancer

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
425 Posts
My Rangie would go into Park & Reverse only in low. Took the shifter console apart and found it was a bent H-gate. It was probably one of my first posts (with photos). Click on my name and it should take you to a menu to look at my posts.
Vancer
Vancer a H gate only exists in an auto.
In a manual.it is a switch on the dash

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
99 Posts
Thanks for the info, Annette.
Good Luck, Mark
Vancer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts