RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 96 4.6 hse and after doing some work to the drivetrain put it on the road and drove it for week when it suddenly developed a strange problem. About a mile down the road at 30 mph it just died, like the fuel was just shut off. No check engine or warning lts. I fideled under the hood checked all connectors, got back in and it started right up and ran all day fine. Sometimes I get a little bucking under acceleration and a poping sound under the hood. this problem has repeated itself once each day for the last week. I checked for fuel pressure at the rail and there was some fule that dribbled out f the valve but not a spurt like I expected. I' thinking maybe the fuel pump is failing? Any ideas ??

·
Registered
453 Posts
you would need to check the fuel pressure on the rail with a gauge.

"little bucking under acceleration" and a "poping sound under the hood" when running normally?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have good fuel pressure when it dies, the bucking under acceleration was the ignition wires. But the sudden death still happens every day. I can start it up and let it sit idleing in my driveway for about 10 minutes, it dies and then will restart after a few miniutes and will run fine all day.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Thanks for posting the solution to your mystery. I'm sure it will help more than one of us solve our own dilemma. `8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts