RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised no one's posted about this before (or my search skills are lacking...), but given that I've been driving around the past two years with only one barely hanging on (the other disintegrated in my hand as I removed it), I shouldn't be that surprised.

Last time I looked, NOS was unobtanium, but Congleton Services had a 3D printed version for sale on fleaBay. However, the finish quality was terrible, at least the pictures looked terrible, so I didn't bother.

However, I just discovered from a RRC rebuild thread on another forum that the Jaguar XJS/XJ6 part# BAU1124 may be an exact replacement. I found one on fleaBay. The image looks much better, and the price is cheaper than Congleton, plus shipping is free, so I decided to order a set. What's more encouraging is that when I searched on the Jag part#, it appears there are several other sources for this, which is good to know. I was going to ping my Rover bud, Belgian, to add this to his 3D scan queue, but I may not have to do that.

I'll post back once the little plastic bits arrive. I'm a bit concerned that I'm so happy about finding a few pieces of plastic, but it's part of RRC ownership, particularly, softdash ownership. Now, if only I could find a replacement HK right front speaker grill...

s-l400.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jag parts are a perfect fit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet! I just ordered a set from Terry's Jag Parts.
That's an awesome find! That's more than 40% less than my fleabay find, I may have to stock up on those...

It's interesting that both vendors are based in K'zoo, MI, but pricing difference is pretty dramatic.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That is a good find. I thought I was going to have to replace the whole arm.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered two caps from Terry's Jag Parts on Monday, and they arrived today. Indeed a perfect fit! In fact, they are identical to our OEM parts.

LR & Jag parts:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just ordered a set of these - $10.15 after shipping. Thanks for sharing guys. Even when you have massive and costly issues happening with your rig, there is something about finding, buying and installing a new shiny part, however mechanically insignificant, that kinda makes ya feel better about it all somehow.

SMD

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I decided to retrofit my classic to D2 wiper arms, they work like a charm. one of my original arms broke and no one seems too carry replacements, I was scrapping a d2 and well the rest is history.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Further info on the part from Terry's Jag: When my order arrived, there was just one in the package. I called them and asked what the deal was and the guy said that they were sold individually - and I corrected him and directed him to the website where he agreed that it did in fact say "set of two". He said "that's an error, we'll get that corrected". And he shipped me a 2nd free of charge. I went to their website today and sure enough, it's been "corrected".

Bummer.

So, $5.40 ea. for a thin plastic trim part that weight about 500 micrograms………Oh yeah, and $4.75 to ship.

So, here is a picture of a REALLY BIG ONE that we might convince ourselves is actually worth the asking price.

SMD

·
Registered
616 Posts
my price was $8.55 with shipping... since finding one at a junk yard is like almost impossable... i thought was fair

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Under $10 each is still a bargain. As I mentioned, there were crappy 3D printed ones going for much more, but it looks like they've lowered their price. Their 3D printed lift tabs look better, but they're asking $24. Still, not too bad. Thankfully, mine are still intact, though I did replace them ~15 yrs ago...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts