Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
95 RRC LWB Windshield Seal & Installers - Washington State

I have 95 RRC LWB and I am looking to replace my cracked windshield with a Disco windshield the seller included when I purchased the rig.

Some of the installers I've talked to want me to provide a new gasket/seal when I bring in the windshield to get it replaced.

On other threads I've read, the Disco series I seal is the only option left for my model and it is $400 from the local Land Rover dealer in Seattle.

Does this sound right? And do
es anyone recommend installers in Western Washington preferably near Seattle for a job like this?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: 95 RRC LWB Windshield Seal & Installers - Washington State

You might want to try Rimmer Brothers. There is a button on the page of the shopping cart to change the prices from GPB to US dollars. Looks like a seal is around $50, and even if it was $50 shipping it's 1/4 of what the stealership wants. Make sure you get the right one for your VIN. I think they varied in the late Classic models. Post your results, I'm in the Seattle area and am dreading the day I replace my heated windscreen. It's not cracked (knock on wood), but seems like this area is deadly for windscreens.

·
Registered
120 Posts

Surely the '95 Classic has a bonded screen and therefore doesn't have a seal as such?

·
Registered
218 Posts

Yes, the 95 has a bonded in windscreen. I just had mine replaced by Safelite. It was a bit of a fiasco as there system didn't correctly differentiate between the 95 soft dash and the 94. Also I got the last 95 heated screen in their system, so that source my now be exhausted.*

However, I will mention that in an effort to try to reduce the cost differential quoted for the 94 WS and the cost of the 95, we looked at numerous item one being the D1 moldings. At that time they quoted around $230 for the D1 set. They also mentioned that it may be possible to reuse the original molding if you are careful during removal, no garrentee on that though.*

Be careful with fit meant issues as the 95 is a 1 year windshield configuration. I'm guessing that $50 seal is most likely for the 94 and older glass.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I got a nice big chip in my windscreen not long ago, so I looked into having it filled so it wouldn't continue to crack. I stopped by All-Star Auto Glass since they did my tint (through a Groupon) for a great price and did an excellent job. They quoted me $60 to repair the chip. When did that become so expensive? Oh yeah, when insurance companies started paying for it. $5 -> $60 UGH. So I asked how much a new heated windscreen would be (certain it would approach, if not pass $1000). The gal at the counter said it had an expensive gasket ($125). (dread building...) and the total would be about $490. :dance: So I imagine if your '95 is glued in, it would be at least that much cheaper. I'm considering getting it replaced just because it is so sandblasted. Less than $500 sounds great when I thought $800 was going to be the minimum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts