RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much research and consideration, I have decided to convert the OEM Lucas ignition to the Davis Unified Ignition system.

Looking for advice from those currently running the system, and any installation tips you may offer.

Also, based upon the following information, should I request a modified timing curve?

My 95’ RRC is currently running the following:

Rebuilt 4.6l bottom end
Level II Crower cam
Ported heads
15lb Ford injectors (yellow)

Listed below are the components I plan to purchase:

Davis Unified Ignition 96920BL - Davis Unified Ignition Land Rover D.U.I. Distributors

Davis Unified Ignition C9074-350BK - Davis Unified Ignition LiveWires

Champion Spark Plugs 9804 - Champion Iridium Spark Plugs

Looking for any advice, tips, or, tricks.

Thank you in advance!

Chris

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
widen the spark plug gap to 60 mm, DUI is high energy and the rover factory recommended gap does not allow for the performance DUI is capable of delivering,
you can update the DUI coil with ACCEL for better performance. any 1980's gm cap, rotor, wires, ignition module and coil will fit.
wiring is simple. switched power is obtained from the original coil power wire, rpm is not needed as rover picks up from alternator and I think that is it.

Oh keep your hands away from DUI arc when testing for spark. you will see why.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
widen the spark plug gap to 60 mm, DUI is high energy and the rover factory recommended gap does not allow for the performance DUI is capable of delivering,
you can update the DUI coil with ACCEL for better performance. any 1980's gm cap, rotor, wires, ignition module and coil will fit.
wiring is simple. switched power is obtained from the original coil power wire, rpm is not needed as rover picks up from alternator and I think that is it.

Oh keep your hands away from DUI arc when testing for spark. you will see why.
Perfect- thank you! What is the best way to send the ground signal to the injectors?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts