RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I had some time off today so I pulled apart my passenger front door to see why the power window doesn't work. The little bi-metal overload switch in the window motor is stuck open - stamped on the surface is "Otter 45H 162" - Otter Controls has a great web site - but a search doesn't give me anything for this part number. The Bosch motor is like new and I hate to replace the whole unit just for a $1 part. Just on principle if anything.

Anyone have a suggestion for a source of a generic replacement - I could just jump it out but I suspect Bosch would have left it out if it wasn't really needed. AND it just can't be all that expensive if I knew where to get one.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Have you tried calling Otter?

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Point!

I have sent Otter Controls a short email - and to be fair they have only had two days to reply. Yes - I am being impatient and wondered if anyone had an alternative source - figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. I'll post a brief description of the motor repair once I find the part. Everything is shut down for Holiday here in the US until Monday - but it would be great if this were an Item I could get through Radio Shack, or any local electronics supplier. I wonder how common it is for these little overload switches to fail - could be a lot of window motors have been replaced due to failure of an inexpensive part.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Yeah i recently went throught the same thing with my EAS pump. The thermal overload switch had failed in the open position and everyone one wanted to sell me a new motor at $500+. Luckily Rover Renovations keep the switch for $25.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts