RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in July the viscous coupling went out on the Range Rover (95 LWB Classic). Had it parked while the wife decided what she wanted to do with it. So we need to move it to do some work on the garage. Got the front drive shaft from the transfer case removed, put in a charged battery and tried to start it. Did not start. Can't move it out of park. Checked the fuses, they seem okay. Not sure if the brake light switch is actually working or not working since we have so many other electrical problems. Going to put a meter on it in a bit but looking at the instructions on jumping it, my wire colors don't match what some other person had? Now confused on what lights are what on the rear lights... Seems like turn signals don't work right now, the brake lights don't work.... The brake pump might be heading in the bad direction too. Seems like multiple electrical symptoms making me more than a bit confused.

Rear Tail light on the driver's side:

Brake

Turn signal Back up

Regular Light (on with headlights)

Not sure if that is it, Driver's side rear light lens

I am guess that sitting in Oregon's wet climate since last July has messed up some connections. Not sure what is going on. I'm going to try to remove the surround around the shift knob and try to move the shift to neutral so we can drag it out of the way. Any other ideas? Pulled a battery from another car and charging it. The battery in it seems to not get a full charge and keep it worth a darn. About a year old so kind of a bummer on that.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Once you get the car out of the shed... there's a great sticky thread for electrical woes. If you carry out those tests, and post the results.
I would also be tempted to just take the parking lock out perminantly, in all the cars i've driven there nothing but a pain in the ...... :x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts