RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I pull the outside levers on my 2 front doors they take a few seconds of wiggling to open the door. Is this a simple matter of taking the panels off and adjusting the inner rod mechanism like this video tries to show? Or are there bits such as springs in the lock mechanism itself that need to be replaced such as this website shows? Are there better tutorials out there for this fix? Will I need any extra parts like plastic pins that might break when I pull off the interior door panel? Thank you!!

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
44 Posts
I would start by checking the striker studs inside your door jam. If they are even a little too high, the door can hang up on them. Also check the depth of those studs. There is a bevel on the latch, and that stud needs to recess into that bevel. It's the easiest adjustment to work on, and you might not have to take the door panel(s) off.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
95 Posts
I would start by checking the striker studs inside your door jam. If they are even a little too high, the door can hang up on them. Also check the depth of those studs. There is a bevel on the latch, and that stud needs to recess into that bevel. It's the easiest adjustment to work on, and you might not have to take the door panel(s) off.
This worked for me - my passenger-side door was always sticking and after studying the wear marks on the stud, I was able to adjust it down and slightly in. No problems now!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Does it open fine from inside? If so, then you need to adjust the linkage like in the video you linked. WSM will give you a better visual of what's going on in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts