Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any tell me what the stock spec is? I want to get mine changed as its noisy; I assume its a 24 spline but what does the number of bolts refer to? Replacements seem pricey but a used one seems a bit of a punt as it could be as worn as mine is. Thanks

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Bolt patterns came in two bolt and four bolt. The four bolt are a bit stronger compared with older two bolt. Yes, new replacement and four bolt upgrades are expensive. Then again if your original has lasted over 100K miles with only a bit of noise and unknown service... you are doing pretty good. Have you drained and inspected the fluid already? Burnt fluid and shaving are a pretty good sign of poor service. A replacement will most likely last longer than you own the rig. A used replacement may last longer than you own the rig as well.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,414 Posts
according to LR, model year 93 and up did come equipped with 24 spline shafts, also all factory diff gear ratio is 3.54:1. the easiest way to verify, pull a rear shaft.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New diff ordered from Ashcrofts; a week's delivery so should be back up and running next week. Thanks all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts