RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know how you get the seat backs off both the drivers and passenger seat on a 93 LSE??

The manual shows you screws but there aren't any :?

I've found some Picnic tables and the original seat backs are still attached and in better condition than my originals.

Any ideas???

Thanks

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Maybe just a pop off?

Good find with the picnic tables though :thumb:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rufant said:
Maybe just a pop off?

Good find with the picnic tables though :thumb:

Hi,

Yes, I was chuffed to find them, I've been looking for a long time.

Just need to work out how to get the originals off without damaging them.

I can feel a screw head at the very top of the seat back and the LR manual says peel back trim at top to access screws......don't like the sound of that!

Does anyone know if its that easy?

·
Registered
345 Posts
seats are Recaros with carbon fibre backs, pretty cool, you have to go behind with some type of bent tool and peel vinyl away until you see tiny screws #3 or #4 maybe,use small screwdriver to remove.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The screws are located at the top of the back panel in the extreme corners on either side. Push your finger behind the panel from the side and pull back the material covering from the hard backer - it is loose material just tucked behind the cover. You will see the screw heads behind it. There are also two screws at the bottom of the backer panel which screw upwards into the seat - lie on your back in the rear footwell and they should be visible behind / below the trim.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks guy, I'll give it a go, it just looked a bit scary peeling away the backing.

But I feel re-assured now. `)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts