RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 RR 3.9 Manual KA Chassis no initial flat accelerator on Petrol runs fine on LPG

I have a 93 RRC with the 3.9 EFI V8 it has LPG and is experiencing an inital acceleration problem which is particular to running on petrol. When you go to start off from being stopped in first gear you squeeze and squueze the accelratrion and notghing seems to happen untill all of a sudden with gusto you are off no matter how you tryu to gently/slowly push the accelerator this happens, the same occurs of operating the butterfly manually at the plenum chamber. The same does not ahppen on LPG, so obviously this would seem to have something to do with the TPS, or MAF.... have sprayed/cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner with no change I dont have a TPS to change... not sure if it could also be the coolanmt temp sensor... for some reason I dont have the ODB display box....

All ideas suggestions appreciated. once you are going on petrol car appears to run and accelerate normally.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,069 Posts
Re: 93 RR 3.9 Manual KA Chassis no initial flat accelerator on Petrol runs fine on

sounds like the tps to me - you can test it with a voltmeter - details in rave.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Re: 93 RR 3.9 Manual KA Chassis no initial flat accelerator on Petrol runs fine on

On Board Diagnostics display was only mounted on North American Range Rovers, it was a legal requirement there, so they didn't bother with it anywhere else.

Just do the diagnostics for TPS and MAF as in the manual on http://www.landroverweb.com/landrover/pdf-land-rover-manuals/. 93 is not substantially different from the ones in that manual as far as I know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts