Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished torqueing down my new water pump and re-installing the existing thermostat with a new gasket, when I read in the manual that I was supposed to install the thermo with "the weep hole at the 12 o'clock position...", which I'm sure I DIDN'T DO. Never heard of this requirement on any other vehicle, what's the purpose of this weep hole, and do I need to pull it apart and make sure it's at 12 o'clock?

AND, I went to fix the almost-broken wire for the lead going to the plug on the oil-filter housing in the pic below (seen at 12 o'clock), when I discovered the leads for the BIGGER connector on the same harness was broken, and the connector just dangling under the engine. I pulled the dangling connector forward to take the pic below:

I know this isn't much to go on, but like I said, the single plug for the oil-filter housing spade terminal and the connector with the broken wires end up in the same harness......maybe someone can crawl underneath their rig and see there the broken wires go? 20210613_132913_resized.jpg

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Definitely install that toggle at top "12 o'clock" position as it's part of bleed strategy in venting the coolant system.

Loose plug, have a look at side of sump pan as some specification were fitted with oil level sensors to give warning of low oil contents. It's a big hex shape bolted into side of pan for the example I've seen.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely install that toggle at top "12 o'clock" position as it's part of bleed strategy in venting the coolant system.

Loose plug, have a look at side of sump pan as some specification were fitted with oil level sensors to give warning of low oil contents. It's a big hex shape bolted into side of pan for the example I've seen.
THANKS on both of these responses. For the oil level sensor: YES, I recall seeing that thing on the side of the oil pan, I'll have another look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts