RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has been parked for almost a month because I couldnot get it past the bad-amplifier symptoms it was exhibiting, and I justreturned an amplifier I bought that was DEFINITELY BAD out of the box. I havemany other projects going on, so this one was going to sit until I bought yetanother amp module, and also a coolant temp sensor just in case THAT was theculprit.
So last Saturday I moved the truck just to keep the grassunder it from dieing, and drove it a few miles on my “test run” just to get themoving parts moving. It did not mis-fireor stumble as it always has since the symptoms first started after my fuelpump replacement.
So I drove it a bit more, and today drove it to work, whichis a longer distance than my “test run” where it always began to stumble andmis-fire. Still no stumble or mis-fire.
What can cause the truck to suddenly run OK?? Am I right tobe suspicious?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
One of those gremlins
I would say no matter how good it runs
You are always going to be suspicious
And listening for every little thing

If it’s running good
Go with it
And go ahead a change what you suspect is the problem when you need to
But keep your parts

Mike

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,485 Posts
Maybe check your fuel tank and filter for debris. That will cause intermittent stumbling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
It’s a Land Rover. Every one of my 8 Land Rovers has had a habit of just randomly self-fixing a problem I’ve spent weeks trying to figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
222 Posts
Enjoy the good times, and don't spend the spare cash on beer, you may need it later....:mrgreen:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the supporting sentiments. It's not my imagination, either; my problems with mis-firing are well-documented here on recent threads, and yesterday I again took the truck on extended drives where in previous weeks it would have predictably mis-fired and I would limp home. Purrrrring like a kitten now. Guess I'll stick that new amplifier I JUST ordered in the toolbag for when I need it.

I also spent time on my back underneath the harmonic balancer cleaning off rust so I could see the timing marks, and learned that my timing was set @ 0 deg BTDC. It still ran without mis-firing at this setting, but ran much better when I advanced it to 10!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts