Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the rear rotors on my truck, and maybe the calipers, but $$ is tight, so I wonder if there is a less-pricey option for these that have worked well for someone? I know I'll get flamed for this.....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hot take: Pads and rotors from autozone are fine. I've used them on both of my rovers and have yet to careen off a cliff.

I would recommend getting new brake hardware (the clips, springs, cotter pins, etc), last time I did brakes I bought a kit off ebay that had everything in it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Amazon might have good prices, but you can get burned on any warranty claims. I've had issues in the past, and now tend to weigh the hassle of getting a replacement in the purchase equation.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Amazon might have good prices, but you can get burned on any warranty claims. I've had issues in the past, and now tend to weigh the hassle of getting a replacement in the purchase equation.
This is true. It's pretty easy to get stuff returned at my local autozone, sadly I've had to do it more than once.

·
Registered
102 Posts
This is true. It's pretty easy to get stuff returned at my local autozone, sadly I've had to do it more than once.
I sort of believe that at this point all the parts for the RRC are made is some central factory and you're just paying for a sticker slapped on the part. I've had the same problems with "genuine" Land Rover parts (from the dealer) as with duralast/autozone parts. At least with my local autozone they don't give me any hassle when I have to return or exchange a part and they do stand by their warranty.

Sadly, it seems like quality across the board is hit and miss. :(

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
...I've had the same problems with "genuine" Land Rover parts (from the dealer)...Sadly, it seems like quality across the board is hit and miss. :(
Some more so than others...

Though with brakes, I wouldn't try to save money. I've swear by EBC pads, but they aren't the cheapest. Autopartswarehouse has decent prices, but ISTR AB has a pricematch policy.

As for other parts, it really is hit or miss in terms of quality, even what's marketed as "Genuine" these days.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, not a single response said "replace with $$-British parts or the rotors will warp immediately...". I was expecting something like that. Had an issue with 2 sets of replacement front rotors on my wife's car, it turned out that the OEM rotors ALWAYS warped, and I had to step up to slotted discs....no further issues.

Thanks, all, Brakes will be this weekend's project.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,414 Posts
I have used auto zone brake pads before, lucky if they last year... low quality, lots of dust, they wear quick.

my last brake job I used brembo rotors and ab pads....so far so good no complaints or concerns ...no dust, no noise and stops firm every time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts