RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a '93 LWB that is killing me.

It began stumbling as I started it and on the highway towork (10 miles), and got worse quickly, within 2 days. Finally, it chugged andbarely ran with any power as I pulled it out of the garage, and died within 50feet.
The ignition was converted to the remote igniter by a Rovershop less than 5k miles ago, so I assumed it was the fuel pump or filter, orrelay, so I replaced all 3.
With the new pump, new filter, and new relay, I tried tostart it but there is not attempt to fire from the engine.
Q1: Which relayunder the front passenger seat is the fuel pump relay? I look under from the rearseat, and see (2) of them with the same Bosch part #; I put the new relay intoeach position with no affect.
Q2: How do Icheck current to the fuel pump itself at the 3-post harness plug? I had to buya new harness jumper to plug this 3-post plug into the 4-post fuel pump. I don’tknow which of the (3) posts to check for current.
Q3: If there isNO current at the fuel pump, what do I check next?
I have a huge hunch that the pump is not “pumping”. Do Ihave to prime the system somehow once I eliminate pressure by changing thefilter and pump? Without checking power to the pump itself, how do I check iffuel is getting to the engine?

·
Registered
763 Posts
I would try starting with starter fluid
To eliminate ignition problem
If you download rave it will tell which is which in the relays
Is it throwing any codes
There is a code reader under passenger seat

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
fuel pump relay is seated on the blue base, to check for pump power it is best to have a second helper as it cycles, check your fuel filter for obstructions, use a fuel prssure regulator for better diagnosis.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but I can't follow the link to the Rave manual with my computer, it's a work computer and that link is blocked.

But back to my Q2: I want to go old-school and check current going to the pump AT THE HARNESS PLUG, so which of the (3) posts do I jump across?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Why not download RAVE on a different computer? Surely you know someone with a system you can use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts