RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have a 93 RRC LWB when the outside temp started to drop this winter it started to flood when starting. When I say cold, I mean Arizona cold below 70 at night, not the funny white stuff on the ground cold. My RR guy says the injectors pressure test good. He changed the temp sensor, that didn't work so he wired one that was moded to reflect a higher temp, that didn't work either. I read on this forum that it might be an oil issue, I'm not sure if 70 at night is cold for oil. We ended up wiring a on/off switch to the the fuel pump and after cranking for awhile then turning on the fuel it starts. It still takes lots of cranks before I can give it fuel. The RR guy thinks is low compression until oil gets on the cylinder wall, but all eight compression test good when running. Any suggestions? I am probably moving to cooler climes soon so I need to get this figured out or sell my baby.
Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I would be doing a cylinder leak down test to see if you are losing excessive amounts of cylinder pressure. Also a fuel pressure test.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Where I'm from 0 is cold, 70 is summer. Sounds like fuel pump is getting tired and not giving enough pressure. Fuel injected cars dont flood like a carburated car. Do a search on "fuel pump" and you'll get lots of info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts