RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I'm just sitting there minding my own business when a 92 classic (not LWB) shows up, out of no where, body pnels very straight, no sign of any leaks from underneathh - but mybe from Valve covers.

starts easy, runs straight down the road.

so what value would you place on it?

I'm currently working a 500 buck hooptie to get it through a 4 day rally, but now I'm thinking maybe switch horses mid stream, and put the woprk and money into something I would keep around as a spare and my fishing heap!

any ideas?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
There is no way anyone could place a value on something with such little info and having no idea where you are located. Pop on your local adverts and see what Classics are going for.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no way anyone could place a value on something with such little info and having no idea where you are located. Pop on your local adverts and see what Classics are going for.
I appreciate that. Trouble is, they don't come up very often out here in Central California. I can find alot in LA - but all of em seem to be turned in 4 wheeling off road vehicles, so it's hard to put a value on that.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
No rust anywhere or just no rust visible? How's the rest of it? Motor, interior and all that. Generally it seems to be soft dash cars or two doors that are bringing the money. I'd say if it's in awesome shape, somewhere between 5-7k? That's my best guess.

·
Registered
319 Posts
so I'm just sitting there minding my own business when a 92 classic (not LWB) shows up, out of no where, body pnels very straight, no sign of any leaks from underneathh - but mybe from Valve covers.

starts easy, runs straight down the road.

so what value would you place on it?

I'm currently working a 500 buck hooptie to get it through a 4 day rally, but now I'm thinking maybe switch horses mid stream, and put the woprk and money into something I would keep around as a spare and my fishing heap!

any ideas?
Edmund's and kbb have the "what's my car worth" tools which will tell you that the truck is worth up to ~1000.
What people will pay is a completely different question :)

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Edmund's and kbb have the "what's my car worth" tools which will tell you that the truck is worth up to ~1000.
What people will pay is a completely different question :)
That's the problem with pricing RRCs. Edmunds, KBB, & NADA don't reflect market value accurately.

Do you know the mileage and how long it's been in CA? Without any pics of the usual problem areas or more info, it's impossible to value. If they have documented service history, that will add to it's value.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys - If you look under the vehicle, the frame is clean - no rust - you can see the chalk marks I assume from the build. I pulled the floor mats - absolutely zero rust, checked around door frames and sills - nothing. The mounting bracket point of the wipers is rusty - just surface rust. Paint is oxidizing, rubbing coupound and a quick buff on the door brought it back to shiney

The tail gate has suffered a minor "hit. in that place, there is a softball size surface rust, where the paint came off - I can scratch that off with my fingernail to bare metal. both window and tailgate work fine. Doors seem a bit balky though, had to pull the opening latch (door handle) a couple of times, the second pull it opens right up - I have no idea whats that about, I'm assuming/hoping with some locksmith lube graphite, that would go away. No oil leaks or other puddles underneath, and it had been parked for a couple of months in that spot.

Seats do need to be replaced, or more likely recovered, and headliner is starting to sag just a bit.
runs good starts right up, no smoke. Drove it for 30 minutes, dirt roads and orchards. no sign of overheating. 86,000 miles, all service records, local shop has done all of the work since new. Originally and always a Cal car, other thatn road trips to Colorado etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts