RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, (first post)

I am rebuilding the front axle of my 92 RRC (without ABS brakes, with vented rotors, with CV joint suffix "B"). Vin # ending in 1240NA. I'm told that a '92 without ABS brakes is somewhat of an anomaly. When dis-assembled, there was a "sleeve" bearing/bushing that slides over the nose of the CV joint and into the stub axle. (see pictures) When I look at parts lists for the RRC, the exploded views that I've seen do not depict this "sleeve" bearing. It is not a standard ball bearing or roller bearing type bearing. Several parts vendors are talking like what I'm describing cannot be possible. Has anyone experienced the same issue? Can anyone identify the RR part number that I should be looking for? Anyone have any ideas as to where I might find such a part? Is it possible that a part for the disco would be the same?

Thanks,
Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
31 Posts
Hello everyone, (first post)

I am rebuilding the front axle of my 92 RRC (without ABS brakes, with vented rotors, with CV joint suffix "B"). Vin # ending in 1240NA. I'm told that a '92 without ABS brakes is somewhat of an anomaly. When dis-assembled, there was a "sleeve" bearing/bushing that slides over the nose of the CV joint and into the stub axle. (see pictures) When I look at parts lists for the RRC, the exploded views that I've seen do not depict this "sleeve" bearing. It is not a standard ball bearing or roller bearing type bearing. Several parts vendors are talking like what I'm describing cannot be possible. Has anyone experienced the same issue? Can anyone identify the RR part number that I should be looking for? Anyone have any ideas as to where I might find such a part? Is it possible that a part for the disco would be the same?

Thanks,
Kevin
G`day ,

FTC57 is the part number for the stub axle with the bush and no ABS .

FTC858 is the part number for the stub axle that uses the bearing ( which LR sell separately ) and ABS .

Probably the reason the part people can`t find the bush is that Land rover sell it as a kit , the stub axle and bush are a single unit .

I don`t know what year the Discovery lander there but early ones are the same , to VIN JA032850 later use the bearing .

The VIN of your Range Rover will be prior to VIN JA624754 because later used the bearing .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts