RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
88 warning light - what is it? circle with "dashed circle"

So a warning light just came on in my 88. it is a circle, with a dashed circle around it. I did a search here. only thing I found is the same question in 2008 - and a few guesses, but no answer.

best guess was "brake pad wear"

that doesnt make sense, new pads all around a few months ago, no light until today? , (and rebuilt calipers BTW) it sometime dims and goes off, b ut then returns later.

any one know?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Re: 88 warning light - what is it? circle with "dashed circl

If that is the brake pad wear light have you tested it at the brakes? Pad wear lights on newer models trigger wearing through a wire and breaking the circuit.

If your sensors have 2 wires then you can disconnect the sensor and the light should be on. If the harness connector is corroded it could be loosing firm connection and fade on or fade out as movement restores the connection.

If your wear sensors only have one wire they then work through simple grounding. A chaffed wire partially and occasionally grounding would present what you are seeing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: 88 warning light - what is it? circle with "dashed circl

From a 1994 manual:

RRCL_BRAKE_WARNING.jpg

The only other vehicle I've had with brake pad sensors is my Audi, and once I was getting the error when the fragile wire broke. I would check all connections like rrtoadhall is suggesting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts