RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

So I'm a little baffled by the windshiled washer. I ordered one from Rimmer bro's and it has different electrical connector from my original. What I've understood, this is "early" -type connector. However Rimmer insist that it's correct. I've found from Bearmach similar pump as my old one, but with the same part code the Bearmach site lists different connector again.

So I assume that the connector has changed at some point. Is there adapter available somewhere? I don't really want to cut the wires if not necessary especially as these pumps cost only few €. And my local parts supplier doesn't seem to have the correct connector.
Iconnector.jpg

·
Registered
843 Posts
If everything is the same
But the connector
Just use your connector
Cut the wires and change it
I have run into this
Several times with various
Replacements
When you cut your old connector
Cut it long and give yourself some room

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it just that this type of connector was not in our local auto parts store. The female connectors might be, but the male parts are so flimsy that dunno how they hold up in the long run.

So as this is so cheap part it's better to get the fitting part with right connector from getgo. Anyho I ordered the supposedly correct part from the ebay. I'll reuse the incorrect part with rear washer if I run into correct adapter.

EDIT: Anyho it's littlebit frustrating that part manufacturers change claim that they are compatible/replacement part but use different connectors. Especially as there's no guarantee that that specific item is readily available :/.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
it happens with vintage vehicles, parts are redesigned and many yrs later when you need them you have to modify. just nature of the beast specially with gray market imports.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Look at it as an opportunity to improve on the original spade connectors to something better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts