RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stereo always make rattling noise when certain songs are played loud.
I went to my dealer once and they said it's because the system is too powerful and it shakes the screws in the speakers loose.
They fixed and it came back again.
Does anyone else have problem with this? How did your dealer handle it?
Do you think LR will replace them for me?

·
Registered
36 Posts
No... Unfortunately they won't. My full size had the 825 Watt and the grille of the speaker always rattled, they fixed it by hot gluing the grille... Its a temporary fix i had to get this done every 3 months. MY sport now has the 3D 1000+ watt system and my seat belt pillar always rattles too... Theres no permanent fix. If the sound of the rattling is caused by the speaker, it could be that your bass it way to turned up. I keep mine about 75% bass and 60% subwoofer

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the same problem on my 825 watt system. Whenever I play a song that has heavy base with the volume at about 50% the right passenger side speaker rattles. The dealer had my car for recall and said speaker was perfectly normal!! I didn't have time to argue but plan to take it back. Sounds like many others have had same issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Go get your door panels dynamat. I added an after market stereo that puts out way more watts and bass per channel than the meridian signature speaker/sub and I get zero door rattles. The little aluminum dash end cap on my driver side is another question. I need LR to replace it when I take my range in for the first oil change.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Go get your door panels dynamat. I added an after market stereo that puts out way more watts and bass per channel than the meridian signature speaker/sub and I get zero door rattles. The little aluminum dash end cap on my driver side is another question. I need LR to replace it when I take my range in for the first oil change.
Can you provide more details about what you added? I think a few will be interested.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have the same problem on my 825 watt system. Whenever I play a song that has heavy base with the volume at about 50% the right passenger side speaker rattles. The dealer had my car for recall and said speaker was perfectly normal!! I didn't have time to argue but plan to take it back. Sounds like many others have had same issue.
sorry to dig up an old post.
i have this exact same problem in my 2016 v8 dynamic. so they have not fixed this issue.
really notice it with Hotline Bling by drake. (dont judge, song is so **** catchy)
it makes some songs sound sooooooooo awful. its dissapointing becuase i think my wifes evoque had the same 825w system and i quite liked it!

going to bring it in next week and see what they say?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,966 Posts
………...
really notice it with Hotline Bling by drake. (dont judge, song is so **** catchy)
it makes some songs sound sooooooooo awful. its dissapointing becuase i think my wifes evoque had the same 825w system and i quite liked it!

thats my ring tone!

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,198 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone ever find a good fix for this? Mine seems to be getting worse, and slowly creeping from the passenger side over to the drivers side. Did anyone have success at the dealership?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've been back to the dealer 4x for this. Did the sticker thing, special tape, glue, cotton stuffed in there, you name it, all by dealer. Land Rover REALLY dropped the ball by not testing this fully and installing enough isolation material, sorry but I don't think there is anything your dealer can do. Best option is a really good sound shop that can install dynamat. I was quoted $200 for both from doors by a good guy in Colorado. Google dynamat if you are unfamiliar.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the same issue with 825w system - drivers side door speaker rattling after 1 month of ownership.

Dealer replaced the speaker under warranty and issue was fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, new to the forum and new owner of a 2017 17' V* Dynamic. I have been to the dealer 3x with similar issues to what you all have described above. I have the 825W system and do like to listen to "bassy" music but after the dealer telling me I was receiving a rattle because of the user adjustments on the bass and subwoofer settings--scaled them back to 3 notches above the middle. I still experience a significant rattle on the front passenger side door even at very low volumes. The rattle seems isolated to the large metal grate.

I guess my question is: did anyone end up having any luck with the dynamat solution? Or is there another option out there that has since become relevant?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
132 Posts
+1 on 1700 watt rattling on 17 autobiography ( already) , appointment next Tuesday for them to check it out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Has anyone had a permanent solution to the rear speaker rattle? Brought it in to the dealership, they placed felted strips around the speakers. Didn't fix anything really. Still rattles pretty bad on certain tunes. Right around Volume 25 it can get pretty annoying. Wondering if dynomat has fixed the issue for anyone here. Looking for other solutions that people have found useful. Thanks.

·
Registered
283 Posts
My front drivers side speaker in my '17 HSE rattles to the point where it sounds blown.. The dealer said its because my treble is too high, which I personally find ridiculous. LRNA should make sure that their speaker grates do not rattle through all range of frequencies... its called properly engineering a car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well being that my vehicle was in service for over a week and half the things I asked them to address are still causing me a headache, I figured I'd be a bit courageous today and attempt to tackle the vibration/rattle on the passenger side front door. I assumed ok, try to remove the door panel without breaking anything and the rest should be somewhat easy - a little hot glue and call it a day (granted I'll admit, I wasn't exactly thrilled at the idea of pulling the door apart - side note, it was much easier than anticipated). So after removing a few screws, the panel popped off and with a quick disconnect of the main wiring harness connection, it was time to break out the DIY "skills".

Now here's where my confidence in the service department at my local dealership has been utterly destroyed - the speaker vibration was one of the items I brought to their attention and per the service write up once the vehicle was eventually returned to me, it said speaker inspected, operating within specs. Uh huh... not quite! Let's put it this way, the next time I see "operating within specs" from them, I know that actually means "didn't even bother to look at it." The reason I say this - when I pulled the door panel off, what was loosely sitting there, flapping around but a nice large sticker/label behind the speaker grille!

IMG_2421.jpg

I thought to myself, no - it couldn't possibly be THAT easy! So before I tried removing the speaker grille off from the main door panel, I pull the label out, snapped the panel back on, turned on some music and shocking - the annoying major vibration and rattling was no more. At that, I decided to just go with what I had... short of bringing the vehicle to have the doors full insulated with sound proofing, this was the easiest (and cheapest) 10 minute fix. Yes, there are hints of very minor vibrations if I turn the sound up loud and with a heavy bass track, but right now the sticker removal has made it at least 90% if not 95% better than it was and I'd rather not spend countless hours chasing every last little vibration since it's now a rare occurrence.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts