RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
12 Posts
As a recording engineer by trade I found that having the treble control quite a long way down and the unit set to stereo would give me the same sound as I was getting in the studio. This was on a 2014 model so it might be different now. I would say that 825 watt system is easily the best one I have ever had. But hey its all down to personal preference!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Currently mines set on the Meridian setting with Treble all the way up, Bass at +2 and Sub and +3. I really wish there was more more adjustments available, at a minimum a Midrange adjustment - but a full Equalizer would be nice.

My personal preference is a stereo with crisp highs, not too much midrange and low Bass. I'm having a hard time finding this in the 825w system, the midrange seems boomy and muddy to me. I need to do some more playing around with it, I've only had my rig for 2 weeks.

I'm coming from an SQ5 that had a B&O system and a BMW 340i with the HK system. As far as good out of the box sounding stereos, I'm been most impressed with the B&O systems (I also had one in my S4).

Looking forward to other's settings....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also had the B&O in my S5, really good set up. But I think the Meridian in my RRS is the best stock setup I ever had. Probably due to the space we get in the car.

I use Dolby and the DTS setting, and tune the Sub about 1/3 up

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is usually a religious debate :) Still tuning mine, personally I like the meridian tri-field setting - one of the challenges I find with so much music being from phones is getting a high quality source. I have a lot of lossless VBR MP3 files on my phone I like to listen to. Takes more work to get (sometimes, even gasp, buying the CD and ripping it) but I find it worth it. Take a lossless version of Mercy Street by Gabriel and compare to your favorite streaming service....

Haven't worked out all the preferred settings yet though.

edit: typo

·
Registered
59 Posts
Own an SQ5 with the bang system. The RRS 825 watt system leaves the Bang for dead IMO. I also like the stereo, the Meridian setup is more center focussed not to my liking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts