RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Jus got a unmolested 79 German 2 door in white. Motors bad and just got a good running used 4.2 L. I've decided to keep the original carbs from the old motor to keep the truck looking stock. Got a new gas tank, rebuilt radiator and found some refurbished rostyle wheels on there way from the uk. I had a 88 RR from the age of 16 tell just a few years ago (i'm 35). I beat the crap out of that truck off road and had it fitted with 35" Goodyear mtr's, arb air lockers, ome suspension and tons of other mods. After awhile I didn't have time for off roading much and sold the truck.

Anyway I've got the stock wheels on there way and I need tires. I really want to keep this truck nice and clean and looking very original but I will be doing some off road driving with it. I want that skinny tire look of the old range rovers but tall enough to gain some clearance. I like the look of the old avon range masters's but think they're long gone. I'm also thinking of getting ome springs to lift it up a bit but again I don't want go over kill on this thing. The idea is for it to look like a very slightly modded stock 70's 2 door. Any advice on tires and sizes would be appreciated

Thanks,

Gus

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
282 Posts
Try a 7.50 x 16

they were fitted to Rangies in the Camel trophy, and look quite nice, taller, but not too wide..

there's plenty of pictures on the web, here's one I found..

C83820WWK-0003.jpg

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
671 Posts
You can usually go up to 31" diameter on stock suspension. If you lift it, you can go bigger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts