1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Velar R-Drynamic HSE P380
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
75k Factory Service Results and after market warranty coverage

Hi Guys

I have a 2010 RRS LUX HSE with 70k. I just had the 75k service done on the truck. I have the extended 4yr/100k warranty provided by Contintenal that i bought through the dealership. Paid just under 4k for it when I had 47k miles on the truck.

1. Replaced oil
2. Air Cleaner replaced
3. Air Cabin Filter replaced
4. Hydraulic fluid replaced
5. Transfer Case service

$800.33 was the cost for this portion of the service.

I also had them replace the 4 wheel arch mouldings. One was hanging down and they replaced all 4.This was just a cosmetic thing but I'm anal about the truck and want it to look right.

$ 217.82 was for the parts & labor.

In addition they found out that I needed a right front wheel hub assembly. They estimated this to be around $750. But the after market warranty covered both parts and labor. This is the first time I had to use the aftermarket warranty and Im glad it paid for this. Now I have $3250 in repairs to break even on the cost of my warranty!!

had them do a state inspection $35

So after taxes and a $75 off coupon for service walked out the door

$1022 lighter. Not to bad. If I didnt have the cosmetic stuff done it would of been $770. out the door for the 75k service.

I also had them look at my wipers since the driver side was cleaning well. They said my Rain X Latitude wipers were not fitting correctly and wanted to sell me the LR wipers for $90/pair !!! Way to much money for wipers so I went to get some Bosch Icon Beam wipers hopefully they work better and they only cost $35 for the pair.

The said I would need brakes soon. The rears were replaced with 50k on the truck and the fronts replaced at 44k so i guess I will we due soon for a whole new set of brakes not looking forward to that cost!

anyways this was just a informative post. I hope this was helpful.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Re: 75k Factory Service Results and after market warranty coverage

I also had them look at my wipers since the driver side was cleaning well. They said my Rain X Latitude wipers were not fitting correctly and wanted to sell me the LR wipers for $90/pair !!! Way to much money for wipers so I went to get some Bosch Icon Beam wipers hopefully they work better and they only cost $35 for the pair.
For $90, I would have asked if they wipe anything else. `)

For whatever reason, I prefer the Rain-X to the Bosch on my '08.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts

Same here with the blades. I have run the rain x and have always lasted really well without issues. I always get them on Black Friday at pep boys and they last the year till the sale comes again.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts

I've had terrible luck with Bosch Icon... I keep giving them a chance but after only a few months the streaks come back... and contact patch isn't great either. I saw a commercial last night for Michelin blades, they look promising. As for the Rain-X, do they ever make noise? I've used Rain-X on some cars I had many years ago and found the chemical to cause premature noises from non-Rain-X blades. Do the blades ever do this? Nothing is more frustrating than noisy wipers. I'd love to try out the Rain-X blades.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

ohh Didnt want to hear the news on the Bosch's..we are expecting snow and rain on Saturday so Ill let you know how they do. The rain x wipers I got in March of last year, they were very quiet but contact on the driver side from the upper half of the blade wasnt good at all. Streaks when it rained and would do a terrible job of wiping away snow on the upperhalf. I thought my wiper arm needed to be adjusted and specifically asked the dealership to look into this. The tech said it wasnt the arm that the wiper blades werent making good contact and he wanted to replace them with the LR blades at $90 a pair.

I'm going to see how these Bosch's work out. If they arent anygood I might just have to suck it up and try the $90 blades..but it kills me to pay so much for blades!!

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts

Ninety dollars for LR blades seems crazy expensive... And my luck with those have been okay, they last about 9-months then get streaky. How hard is it for someone to make great blades? I had very good luck with Trico Force and may try those again. The Force are pretty heavy-duty feeling and look the part on the Land Rover. Had them on my LR4 and they were awesome. But when I got the RRS they didn't have my size in stock, hence the Bosch.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts

but contact on the driver side from the upper half of the blade wasnt good at all. Streaks when it rained and would do a terrible job of wiping away snow on the upperhalf. I thought my wiper arm needed to be adjusted and specifically asked the dealership to look into this.
The Bosch's may work well for you, and I hope they do. I really like the old-style Bosch Micro-Edge wipers for my Toyota. I have found as the beam style wipers get longer they tend to lose effectiveness around the edges esp in heavy snow. Unless you are a real tall dude, you can drop a size and this improves. I think the recommended length on the RRS is 22" so, try 21" next time. I think I am doing this right now(I'm too lazy to measure).

Also when you buy the Bosch Icons, for some reason the part # for the L and R wiper is different 22A/22B, even so they are the same size. I was told by one parts guy that's because each wiper has a different preformed curvature. Never bothered to verify this explanation. I can't recall if this was the case w Rain-X Latitude wipers. That may be part of the issue.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

The Bosch's may work well for you, and I hope they do. I really like the old-style Bosch Micro-Edge wipers for my Toyota. I have found as the beam style wipers get longer they tend to lose effectiveness around the edges esp in heavy snow. Unless you are a real tall dude, you can drop a size and this improves. I think the recommended length on the RRS is 22" so, try 21" next time. I think I am doing this right now(I'm too lazy to measure).

Also when you buy the Bosch Icons, for some reason the part # for the L and R wiper is different 22A/22B, even so they are the same size. I was told by one parts guy that's because each wiper has a different preformed curvature. Never bothered to verify this explanation. I can't recall if this was the case w Rain-X Latitude wipers. That may be part of the issue.

Goosey

thanks for the great advice. I think you are completely right about the length of the beam wipers and how they lose effectivness around the edges esp. in snow. That is exactly the problem I am having. If I have the same issues with these Icons Ill try dropping a size to 21's. Never thought of that before so I appreciate the advice.

Snow and rain tomorrow in the Boston area so it will be great day to test the Icons out! thnx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.