RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just thought I'd drop a quick intro here :) Looking forward to learning more about my vehicle and hopefully can make some sort of log of the restoration efforts!

I've 'inherited' a very poorly looked after (i.e. sitting outside on the driveway untouched for 10 years) Range Rover Classic. It's a 1971 2-door 3.5 v8 manual; apparently it was a limited edition called the "En Vogue" but I can't seem to find any details about that particular version (if anyone can shed some light, would be appreciated). It has a weird 'leatherette' covering to the roof that I'm keen to find out more about too.

Over the next few years*, I will be stripping this poor baby down to parts only, then rebuilding everything as near as possible to brand new.

On my list of slight changes will be original seating but re-trimmed for a bit more comfort, and possibly a conversion to a larger v8 (if anyone can point me in the direction of any resources for something like a small-block Chevy v8 conversion it would be most appreciated!) :)

We've finally taken full ownership of the house where the car was left (old family home, hence taking over the Rangey!) so I'll be kitting out my new mahoosive garage - it's about 58 square metres! :D Compressor, air tools and various other gubbins ordered for delivery soon!

*It's going to take years because I spend most of my time working away from home in Kuwait :(

Thanks all, and I look forward to participating in the forum!

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My bad, it's an '81 In Vogue, plenty of info once I got that morsel of information correct! Doh! :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts