RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking at updating my P38 to a 7 seater. I have looked around and have found that there was a kit, but they are out of production. Is is possible to take out the spare tire and mount it on the back or roof? Possibly allowing for more leg room. A

Any comments or answers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Pulaski

·
Administrator
27,795 Posts
No need to remove the spare tyre,.. The third row seat was produced by Overfinch and was nothing short of a torture device for kids finally large enough to be out of the boosters in the back seat. They were also okay for the members of the Lollipop Guild or skinny Oompa Loompas. They face the wrong way, have no leg room and have painfully vertical backs... at least according to the kids I have talked to at club meets that have had to endure them. The kids have to travel pretty much cross legged/Indian style. One owner in Portland ha the set up and an owner over in Bellevue had it. I believe the gent in Bellevue removed them and sold them a few years ago because I saw them on eBay in his neck of the woods.

Realistically you won't find a set and they really are not at all practical. The November 2017 revised Washington state child seat laws require any child under 8 must be secured in some sort of child safety system unless they are over 4'9".

The best option for more kids or added passenger is an LR3 or LR4 with factory third row seating.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts