RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I hate to bother you again! your always very helpful! I wanted to ask you about my service from now on. I feel like the stealership charges an arm and a leg, and I know there has to be a cheaper alternative to it.

Couple questions:

- - - -How do I know what need to be done for services, is there a check off list?

- - - -Can I just take it to my uncle who is a mechanic at nissan and have him done the important things? (change oil, rotate tires.....etc)

what elese needs to be done, maybe the list would break down everything?

Thanks so much

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe that your owner's manual lists out a good deal of items for checkup. Other's may have a full detail list on this forum. But start there.

For the most part, fluid/filter changes, rotations, brakes....etc. are things you can either do you yourself or have a mechanic do it. LR does not need to do those things....especially at your milage. Typically, they service vehicles exclusivly for warranty purposes. For pre-07' or 08' (i don't remember which) RRS's, I think the dealer has to reset the lights. That's about it. For major tuneup's....I would try and stay with LR parts if possible but everything else is pretty generic.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,470 Posts
Here's the list of items for the service....60k service is better done from an LR independent shop as they'll be able to check the standard items which need reviewing and also reset the service indicator...doubt that anyone else has that tool...

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts